With Halloween behind us and Thanksgiving and Christmas ahead, we begin to think about cozy times with family and friends.
This is the time to make sure that those warm experiences are all that they should be.
Do you have a fall maintenance checklist that you follow as the season changes? Here are some items to make sure that you add:
1. Winterize air conditioning units. Evaporative coolers need to be drained, cleaned and covered.
2. Disconnect all water hoses from faucets. Hoses should be drained, rolled up and stored to keep them in good shape for springtime use.
3. Check weather stripping and calking around windows and doors.
4. Have furnaces inspected and serviced. Replace filters regularly to keep your furnace running efficiently and to keep dust and allergens in check.
5. Have chimneys, fireplaces and wood stoves inspected and cleaned.
6. Keep wood piles away from your house to prevent invasions by termites, spiders and insects.
7. Make sure your pantry is well stocked with cocoa and marshmallows!